Saturday 12 November 2011

Afro's, Hair Science and The Struggles of a Vegetarian!

Another week has passed…WOW! An overall peaceful week but I definitely have some new obsessions to talk about.

Things I loved this week:  I have really been into big, curly, voluminous, afro type hair.  I am currently experimenting with setting methods as the curls always fall…



 
Tinted Moisturiser, I have been using the ‘Nivea Visage Tinted Moisturising Day Cream Natural’ what a mouthful! Retails at around £3.99.  This gives just a little tint to my skin so I look a bit healthier as I can get very pale and dead looking in the winter.  Just enough moisture for my oily days, not too emollient so blend quickly.

Apart from that I have not been wearing that much makeup. Tinted moisturiser, Blush, Mascara. That’s it. 

I have discovered a blog ‘Point of Interest’  Its basically a scientific take on cosmetics.  It explains ingredients and how they work down to the smallest of details.  I am particularly interested in the hair care.  You need some basic chemistry knowledge but I find it fascinating as I do A2 chemistry and I’m just a nerd like that.

Favourite drink of the week has to be Starbucks ‘Egg Nogg Latte’ or ‘Soya Praline Mocha’.  I’m not a fan of Starbucks any other time of year (I personally prefer Costa or Café Nero) but their Christmas flavours are too good to resist.

Since I am vegetarian the winter has hit me in the face like a brick.  I have been a little sniffley ect.  I’m pinning the blame on my lack of protein.  So lately I have been obsessed with anything protein rich. 

A Stew with Soya Chunks, Country Style Soup Mix, Butternut Squash, Parsnips ect. YUMMY!

Favourite Track of the week is ‘I Need’ by Maverick Sabre.  His voice is absolute amazing I seriously suggest listening to this song!

Catch me on Twitter @ruta_yt

What’s one makeup product you cannot live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment