Monday 8 November 2010

NO Dry Skin this winter!

So... I havent updated in a long while! Sorry? I've been so busy with college (as usual) its crazy but here's another post inspired by a good friend and fellow blogger!

As the winter is getting closer you might start to come across a few dry spots here or there...I hate dry skin with a passion to be honest I'd rather have my oily skin then have dry, brittle,flaky unatractivness ! erghh.

Here's a few steps to avoid winter dries!

Step 1: Exfoliate

Use an exfoliating brush like the one below from body shop and exfoliate your skin 2-3 times a week if your dry and 3-5 if your oily.
This will get rid off all the dead cells and flakes that collect naturally as your skin cells die off and re-grow!
DO NOT USE EXFOLIATORS WITH BEADS they rip your skin and cause you breakouts no joke!

Use a cream wash or a thick gel with this and make sure your gentle! Don't be scrubbing at your face like it's your heels!

Step 2: Use a daily cleanser that is rich and moiturising no matter what your skin type is .... if you really want to get your skin squeaky clean use castor oil as a cleanser and then apply a hot flannel to your face and steam it until the flannel goes cold.

Good for oily skin:

'Clean&Clear Deep Action Cream Wash for Sensitive skin' I've gone through several of these and love it, it has never broke me out and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth.

Good for more dry skin:

'No7 Hot Cloth cleanser' love this stuff even though I have oily skin most of the cream absoarbs in also leaving smooth and radiant skin

Step 3: use a toner that is alchohol FREE! Harsh toners only strip your skin of it's essential oils and nutrients so use rose water and glycerin instead or even witch hazel if you need one thats a little more invigorating. You can get both of these in Boots near the medical stuff just ask instore.

Step 4: Moisturise like there is no tomorrow! The most essential step. I love a good moisturiser and even though you have oily skin you still need to moisturise and there is a moistuiser out there for you!

For the more oily:


Going through my second bottle and love it leaves your skin soft yet absoarbs super quick and is oil free.


For the dryer skin:


Aalso have used a whole tub of this did not break me out and left my skin really hydrated. It does leave a bit of a slip to your skin so not too great on the oily but still love this!

...and my faviroute of all time!!!!


I do not care what skin type you are extremely oily or extremely dry acne prone or not this is amazing!!!
I am on my third bottle of it and it does wonders for my skin! I always always have a bottle during winter and use this at night before I go to bed!! it does not break you out and does not make your skin more oily !  I LOVE THIS STUFF.

Last but not least eye cream!

I have tried several but this by far is my favorite! And yes I'm only 16 but thats when you should start with eye cream so you prevent any wrinkles because once you have them its way too late!

The Boots 'Time delay wrinkle prevention' eye cream

Key is in the word prevention!

Hope you enjoyed and what skin care products do u love?xx

No comments:

Post a Comment